The Topas Gravimetric Measurement System GMS 141 allows the comfortable detection of oil content in blow-by after oil mist separators with a filter blank sheet or filter cartridge directly on engines or engine test stands.
Decrease of oil consumption as well as reduced component abrasion is of utmost importance to help realize sophisticated exhaust standards for piston engines.
Oil mist separators are basic components of a crank case ventilation system. They will be benchmarked after differential pressure and oil flow.
- Time-saving reproducible detection of oil content after oil mist separator in blow-by of combustion engines
- Installation of two different absolute filters possible. Selection by flow rate and filter charging:
- Filter blank sheet with 110 mm diameter or
- Filter cartridge with 65 mm diameter, L = 93 mm
- Two independent sections: bypass and measuring. Running up to the working point over bypass section and measuring over measuring section. Prevention of undesirable filter charging.
- Switching between both sections with pneumatic ball valves;
feature: manual or automatic switching (by default time or differential pressure)
- Gravimetric benchmark of oil mist separators for crank case ventilations in combustion engines by analytical determination of the blow-by oil content
- Calibration of aerosol generators
- For in-situ determination of concentration and mean particle size of blow-by aerosols Topas offers
- the Process Aerosol Photometer PAP 610 and PAP 612.
- Topas also offers a compact test stand combining the Gravimetric Measurement System GMS 141, PAP 610 and PAP 612: Blow-By Test Rig BBT 143.
- The Topas Test Rig for Oil Mist Separators SPT 140 is designed for automated tests according to guideline ISO/CD 20564.
- Flow rate: up to 300 l/min (18 m³/h)
- Installation: in-line
- Differential pressure measuring range at filter box: 100 hPa
- Pipe connection diameter: DN 28 mm
- Dimensions of absolute filter: Filter blank sheet: 110 mm diameter (effective diameter100 mm / filter area: 78,5 cm²) Filter cartridge:65 mm diameter, L= 93 mm filter area: 679 cm²
- Aerosol contacted materials: stainless steel, aluminium, FKM
- Heatable filter box: < 110 °C (adjustable)
- I/O-System: analog and digital out-/ input, PC connection via TCP/IP
- Compressed air supply: 3…8 bar
- Power supply: 230 V AC / 50 Hz, 3 x 200 W, 3 A
- Dimensions W x D x H: 520 mm x 240 mm x 350 mm
- Weight: 14 kg